Malta Beaches With Its Crystal Clear Blue Waters Are Simply Beautiful!
Whether you love swimming, snorkelling, water sports or just lazing about in the sun, Malta beaches with its crystal clear blue waters, have something for everyone.
Although sandy beaches are obviously the most popular, especially if you have young children, they can be very crowded in summer.
So if you want to avoid the crowds, it's probably best to visit through the week instead of on weekends.
Here are just a few of the more popular sandy beaches:
- Mellieha Bay (Ghadira) is Malta's largest sandy beach. Great for children, bathers and a variety of watersports.
- Golden Bay is a beautiful beach with little inlets and coves that are great for snorkelling. It's kid safe too.
- Probably the most picturesque of all the Malta beaches is Paradise Bay, but it's small. It has a natural cove and is great for snorkelling.
- St George's Bay is another nice sandy beach that is good for children and only a stones throw to the restaurants of St Julians.
Rocky beaches are also popular swimming spots and have an obvious added advantage if you don't like sand. The natural flat rock is great for sunbathing and you'll also find diving platforms and ladders.
Here are a few of the best rocky beaches:
- Sliema's entire coastline of rocky beaches is very popular with young and old alike. It is good for bathing and snorkelling and there are numerous beach cafe's all along the waterfront.
- Paceville on the right hand side of the Casino is a great rocky beach that is excellent for snorkelling.
- St Peter's Pool is popular for its crystal clear water and natural beauty, as well as great snorkelling.
One thing is for sure; taking a dip in the crystal clear blue waters of this Mediterranean island should be on everyone's to-do-list!
And because Malta Island is so small, it's easy to explore them all.
Do YOU Have A Favorite Beach?
If so we'd love to hear about it.
This is where you can tell us all about your favorite beach and the story that goes along with it.
They say a picture paints a thousand words, so if you have a photo, upload that along with your story.
What are YOUR Favourite Malta Beaches?
Whether you love sandy beaches or rocky bays, the crystal clear blue water of Malta beaches is sooo inviting. Everyone has their favorite. What's yours?
From Malta Beaches to Home Page