Malta Health Care Information And
Tips For Staying Healthy On Holidays
Sometimes when you're on holiday the inevitable happens and you end up sick or worse; you get injured.
So here are a few Malta health care resources, along with some great tips to help you stay fit and healthy on your holiday in Malta.
If you should require traditional medical treatment The Mater Dei Hospital Malta is a state-of-the-art facility at Msida, the largest public hospital on the Maltese Islands.
Alternative And Holistic Health Practitioners
Of course many people prefer alternative and natural health options.
Holistic health practitioners including:
Keeping Fit And Healthy On Holidays
Unfortunately, when you're on holidays it's easy to forget about exercise and overindulge in food and wine, especially when you're in another country and want to try all the local foods on offer.
One of the best ways to stay fit and healthy on your holiday is to walk and lucky you; there are some beautiful walks around Malta, Gozo and Comino.
There are also sports clubs, gyms and lots of water sports. Equipment for water sports can be rented at most beaches or beach clubs.
And if you're a jogger and will be in Malta around February you may want to participate in the Malta Marathon, half marathon or walkathon.
Malta Health Spas
Holidays are a great way to release stress and tension, relax and recharge those batteries.
And there's no better way to do that than at one of the many Malta Health Spas.
You can relax and rejuvenate with a variety of treatments to pamper body, mind and soul.
Healthy Tips For Holidays And Home
Prevention, as the saying goes, is better than cure.
Here are a few tips to help keep you fit and healthy on holidays so you can hopefully avoid that dreaded holiday weight gain! They're great tips to continue back home too.
- Part of the fun of holidays is trying all the different traditional and local foods on offer. There's no need to deprive yourself but try to include more natural, antioxidant rich foods -- they're usually the brightly colored fruits and vegetables -- and drink 8 glasses of water each day.
- Find some sort of sport or exercise you love to do -- tennis, swimming, dancing, a zumba class or the gym, even walking -- and as Nike says… Just do it! You only need to do 30 minutes a day and you can do all the above in Malta.
- Watch your sugar intake and educate yourself on the harmful food additives prevalent in so many foods today. There are a number that are linked to obesity and other health problems.
- Be selfish and set aside some 'me time' every day to relax and do something you love.
- There's nothing like a great holiday to relax and relieve the stress of every day life. The problem is they're just not long enough! So when you return home find some other effective ways to relax and manage your stress levels.
From Malta Health to Malta Holidays And Property Home Page